Looking Back While Moving Foward | Teen Ink

Looking Back While Moving Foward

July 1, 2010
By TyBoi-ink SILVER, Danbury, Connecticut
TyBoi-ink SILVER, Danbury, Connecticut
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Maybe my life would have been better if you had never intruded. Maybe thats just the way i cope with... cope with not having you." -By Me!!


there comes a time in every teens life when they decide to look back at their accomplishments. while doing we as adolescents moving in the next stage of our life tend to reminisce on the bad. we regret not doing what we could have, while not concentrating on all the marvelous mystery we unfold in our journey of life. thus we wonder why we never seem to accomplish any of our goals in life. we fear growing as an invevitable experience we can not escape. we look to our peers for guidance, but soon realize they have the same problems. and while trying to develop our independence, we shy away from asking our parents. who in their own right have gone through this experience and come out stronger then every. so theirs only one question to ask. if we refuse to ask our parents fearing they would just baby us, who do we ask?

Some say the only thing to do is to look back on the positive, while moving in to the future.


The author's comments:
No one really wants to grow up and face the tribulations of becoming and adult. But we don't want anything shy of the respect earned in doing so. This time of life normally of occurs in teenage years, and as teens we often look to our peers for help, but they can't only help so much seeing as they have the same problem. But you dare not ask your parent! No, they've only gone through this tough time and came out stronger than ever. Face it, its still time to grow up!