Trust to Truth to Lies and Opinions

What’s trust? Trust has so many different definitions, but is one honestly correct? Trust is not a fact, it is an opinion. For all we know, trust could be made up. It could be a figment of our imagination, something that was made up just to screw with our heads. Honestly, it has done a good job messing around with me.

People’s opinions on trust all vary. Trust to one person may mean something completely different to another. In my opinion, trust is just what I explained it as. Something that’s just there, and I suppose we rely on it a little bit too much. “Innocent until proven guilty,” same with trust, I suppose. You are trustworthy, until proven not to be. Anybody and everyone will believe a lie, if you haven’t told one before. Or perhaps if you haven’t been caught lying before.

“The boy who cried wolf.” He could not be trusted. He lied so many times; nobody could believe a word that came out of his mouth. So when he came to tell the truth, he had no help. Maybe we should take advantage of this boy’s mistake. But many don’t. Why do we lie and lie, over and over again, if we know it will just get us into more trouble in the end?

There’s always a problem. So naturally, there’s something wrong with the whole concept of lying and trusting. What somebody might think of a lie might not be to another. Just because you don’t tell the truth, doesn’t mean it’s not true. You can leave true parts out, but it doesn’t mean you’re lying about anything.

So you see. Trust is based on opinion. Lying is too. I’m not here to tell you what to think, or get you to think my way. I’m just simply, well stating my opinion. Because I think (see I think, I don’t know) it’s the truth. But you may think otherwise. And that’s exactly what I’m trying to get through to people. You see, what I’m saying is not a lie, but it’s not the concrete truth either.

crazy4music said...
Jul. 8, 2010 at 8:43 pm:
I completely get what you're saying, and I think that's part of what my friend's problem was. I can't go back and change what I wrote, but thanks. I 'll remember that for the future.  (:

sweet_silent_surenity said...
Jul. 8, 2010 at 8:19 pm:

Yes, but part truths may end up being just as bad as lies in the end. If someone found out you told them a part truth which led them to believe a lie, they would treat you the same as if you had lied, because for the most part, it is the same. In Eden the serpent told eve that she would not die if she ate the fruit, but this was only a part truth. She died in the spirit and was banished from her home. A lot can be lost if your part truth conceals something important.