The Lonely Heart | Teen Ink

The Lonely Heart

By OmaJ.CBlackFox BRONZE, Lilburn, Georgia
OmaJ.CBlackFox BRONZE, Lilburn, Georgia

Learn from the past. Live the present. Create the future.

Another sleepless night. I lie here awake staring into the darkness and I drift off to the memories of us. After our time together ended…I feel like a part of me is gone. A part of me that I just can’t get back without you. I miss the happiness I felt every time we would laugh together. I miss the feeling I would get when I would see you, and the way everything would just melt away. As if we were the only ones in the world. As if all our problems just disappeared. Now I’m alone again with every thought racing through my mind being about you. Why did I have to meet you? I was content with loneliness. Then I met you and everything changed. Now being alone feels worse than anything else. My heart aches for you. With every beat of my heart I miss you more and more. I can never forget you after all the times we had, but it hurts so much to remember them…because I just don’t have that anymore. I keep looking at things that you gave me and the pictures of you and me. Of course that only makes it worse, but no matter how much it hurts you’re worth remembering. I’m not lying here feeling bad because I lost you…I’m lying here feeling horrible because I still love you. I know that I can’t hold on to memories forever but I don’t plan to. I just want to keep those memories alive…until we meet again. Until we meet again.-Omar J. Canales        Learn from the past. Live the present. Create the future.™         Impossible I’mpossible.™

Just something I typed for the friend I grew up with. We now live in different states so I miss her a lot. That's what inspired this piece.

Mtayy2000 said...
on Oct. 28 2010 at 10:58 am
OMG! that makes me wanna cry i feel like that:EXACTLY: i recently just got out of a long term relationship. and it sucks, well it was awesome keep writing ;)