When I Grow Up, What I Want To Be Is... | Teen Ink

When I Grow Up, What I Want To Be Is...

By terrong SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
terrong SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

What I want to be when I'm older... well, actually, I don't think I should start that way. That's the way I would start this very same piece when I was younger, around 6 or 7. But now, I'm older, so I think I'll go for something a little more sophisticated. Ummm...
What I was, when I was younger, was a child. I could say what I wanted, and who I wanted to become, but I couldn't see what was necessary to become those things. Doctor, artist, fireman, etc. all were on my list, but I think I see the bigger picture now. See, I used to think my occupation was what I wanted to be, but I realize now that that's got nothing to do with who I want to become. Soooooo, what I want to be when I'm older is... really similar to what I am now. I want to be a mature, intelligent young man, who handles his responsibilities. Not much, I know, but what do you expect? I'm only 15, I really don't even know who I am yet :)

Just a little thinking about the future. When I couldn't just come up with something, I thought I may be able to think better if writing my thoughts. From that, this was spawned.