Not Throwing It All Away | Teen Ink

Not Throwing It All Away

By beeg2201 BRONZE, Bettendorf, Iowa
beeg2201 BRONZE, Bettendorf, Iowa

I believe in not giving up, not allowing yourself to throw something away when you have worked so hard to try to accomplish your goals in life.
Moving away from everyone I know, everyone that helped me, be me was one of the hardest things I’ve had to deal with. School use to be the easiest thing in the world for me, but when I entered high school, bam it went down the drain.
Freshman year I can remember walking into my favorite class- science, even though it was my favorite class, I never studied, never took time to do my homework. I ended up passing it with a D. And not just only in that class- in all of my classes. This was a bad way to start out high school. My parents the whole time didn’t know, until my teachers called. The teachers calling me got me into more trouble then if I would have just told my parents myself. They tried to get me to study for classes, but I just lied the whole time saying I was studying, but I never studied.
After freshman year I was going to start sophomore year differently to show my parents I was not going to just throw my life away. But, one week after freshman year, my parents give me the worst news, “Guess what, Sweetie, we are moving! My heart dropped. Just when I thought my life was getting better, it got worse.
Moving didn’t help at all. I still didn’t get good grades; I didn’t even try. Strangely enough I did try in two classes that were fun- English and German. When I tried, I did amazing. Toward the end of second semester I tried to drop out. But, my parents didn’t allow me. Which didn’t make me happy at the time, but looking back, their insistence that I say in school made me very happy. If they wouldn’t have stopped me from dropping out, I probably wouldn’t have a wonderful future I know I’m going to have. I would have missed out on the wonderful last years of high school. Most teens don’t like their parents, some want to be as far away from them as possible. But mine, my parents saved me. I am so happy to have them in my life. Throwing your life away isn’t worth it, dropping out is not the right thing to do.
My parents showed me how to believe in not giving up, and not allowing myself to throw my life away. Now I do well not just for my parents, but for myself. I believe that it is extremely important to accomplish my goals in life.

In the short years I have been alive, I realize that not everything can be done the way I want. And a lot of that is good. If I would have got want I wanted, I would be getting my GED instead of my diploma, which, for me diploma is a better accomplishment.