Friends and Enemiesia | Teen Ink

Friends and Enemiesia

May 12, 2010
By SeekTheTruth BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
SeekTheTruth BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Quaere verum


I have been bullied since kindergarten. I was the only Asian kid at my old school. Due to this I was the subject of not only physical bullying but also psychological. This continued until third grade. Until third grade I was the subject of verbal and physical abuse, exclusion, discrimination. It was bad enough that I almost went crazy. The Superintendant even saw an even coming that would have been much like the columbine. As a preemptive measure He gave me a pass to leave class at any time to talk to him should I need it. The pass was never used. The faith and privilege that was given to me at that time helped me through one of the most difficult times of my life. By the next year I was calm enough to start making friends, something I had never been able to do before. I only had one friend until she moved away during third grade. But that was then. During 4th grade I was told that the people who bullied me the most were to apologize to me. They did so and we surprisingly became very good friends. I was on the road to be an almost completely normal person. The ones who pushed me off the road were the ones who helped me back up. This group of people was the most bizarre group of people I had ever met. When I look back on who they were I am astonished. How were they friends? In this group at my small school was one from each clique that I could think of. Tom the Nerd. Brandon the Craftsman. Tony the Jarhead. Ian the Stoner. Such a diverse group seemed impossible and yet they were all friends. Now they are all apart. I am friends with only Tom and Ian, yet I still keep in contact with the others. Brandon went off to Technical school to become a woodworker. Tom went to FIT, Florida Institute of Technology. Tony joined the Marines (go figure). And Ian is now in college at UWW or university of Wisconsin Waukesha. I am in high school right now in which I am typing this paper. I made friends from my worst enemies and they are now still my friends from near and far.


The author's comments:
The names, dates, etc are all changed for safety.