Friends and Enemiesia | Teen Ink

Friends and Enemiesia

By SeekTheTruth BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
SeekTheTruth BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Quaere verum

I have been bullied since kindergarten. I was the only Asian kid at my old school. Due to this I was the subject of not only physical bullying but also psychological. This continued until third grade. Until third grade I was the subject of verbal and physical abuse, exclusion, discrimination. It was bad enough that I almost went crazy. The Superintendant even saw an even coming that would have been much like the columbine. As a preemptive measure He gave me a pass to leave class at any time to talk to him should I need it. The pass was never used. The faith and privilege that was given to me at that time helped me through one of the most difficult times of my life. By the next year I was calm enough to start making friends, something I had never been able to do before. I only had one friend until she moved away during third grade. But that was then. During 4th grade I was told that the people who bullied me the most were to apologize to me. They did so and we surprisingly became very good friends. I was on the road to be an almost completely normal person. The ones who pushed me off the road were the ones who helped me back up. This group of people was the most bizarre group of people I had ever met. When I look back on who they were I am astonished. How were they friends? In this group at my small school was one from each clique that I could think of. Tom the Nerd. Brandon the Craftsman. Tony the Jarhead. Ian the Stoner. Such a diverse group seemed impossible and yet they were all friends. Now they are all apart. I am friends with only Tom and Ian, yet I still keep in contact with the others. Brandon went off to Technical school to become a woodworker. Tom went to FIT, Florida Institute of Technology. Tony joined the Marines (go figure). And Ian is now in college at UWW or university of Wisconsin Waukesha. I am in high school right now in which I am typing this paper. I made friends from my worst enemies and they are now still my friends from near and far.

The names, dates, etc are all changed for safety.

on May. 30 2010 at 10:15 am
Patience97 PLATINUM, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania

"People believe that if we really want to eliminate something, focus on that. How much sense does it make for us to give the particular problem all of the energy, as opposed to focusing on trust, love, living in abundance, education, or peace? -Un.

Wow... I'm sorry. It always ends up repeating stuff for me... I don't know why.

on May. 30 2010 at 10:14 am

This is interesting to me because, when I was younger I hung out with this girl and she would always be picking on a boy in our class. I didn't laugh at him, I didn't bully him... But I tried to tell my friend to stop. This boy wasn't my friend until this year because he thought I was mean, since I hung out with the girl that bullied him. This girl is no longer my friend but the boy is.

I think that a lot can happen when you are younger, and you don't exactly know who you are yet... but eventually you begin to pick up on these hints and develop a person from yourself...

This poem is very-thought provolking and has to be the best piece I've read all day.

I would appreciate it if you checked out my work :)

"People will never remember exactly what you said, but they will remember how you made them feel."

on May. 24 2010 at 10:43 am
Writer24 SILVER, Acton, Massachusetts
Really interesting article. I've never heard that before where someone became close friends with people who bullied them. Although I'm curious about why all your friends/bullies must've been older than you therefore going to college when your in highschool.