Give and Get at the Same Time

Although people may say life hasn't treated them well, they have been given too much to complain. Those who complain clearly don't know how fortunate they are. I have shown I am grateful by giving to others. Giving to others is something everyone should do to show they are fortunate.
In my life I've been treated well. I have nothing to complain about. I've been given a great family, loyal friends, and so many opportunities. My parents have gone through some struggles to keep me and my sister happy. My dad has worked extremely hard. When things got tough, my dad moved us to live happily. He works hard every single day and manages to come home and cook for us. I am grateful for my amazing family.
Many people think that they can only show they're grateful by thanking people. I have learned that a way to show you are grateful is by giving to those who have less than you. I know there are many things I have and could live without while there ary many things homeless people need and don't have. Because I know life has treated me well, I think others should have the same.
I realized that by giving to those who need money and food I make myself feel like a better person. For example, when I was about 10 years old I was walking out of McDonald's with my sister and grandma. A homeless lady sitting near the door was asking money to buy fiid. I knew my sister wasn't going to finish eating her Happy Meal and I thought that instead of throwing it away, I could give it to the woman who needed it. I told my grandma about my idea and she thought it was something great to do. I handed the Happy Meal to the woman and she thanked me many times. That day as I walked home, I knew I had done something right. I now know how to give but also get at the same time.
The things life gives you should be appreciated; you have to feel grateful and give to others as a way to prove it. Giving to that homeless woman taught me how to help others and make yourself feel good about it. I never knew that helping others would make you feel so good about yourself. I now know that a very important way to learn new life lessons is through experience.

writerwriting said...
I agree with Bethani, this lesson needs to be heard!

Bethani said...
Great work! I think you are teaching a great lesson.