Beauty | Teen Ink

Beauty

By tlp514 SILVER, Bloomington, Illinois
tlp514 SILVER, Bloomington, Illinois

I've been lying in my bed staring at my ceiling for quite some time, letting thoughts flow in and out of my mind. Some stay put and others leave as easily as they came. One thought has been weighing down my mind for awhile. A girl said on the internet said that she wanted to be anorexic and asked if someone could help her with that. This shocked me, to say the least. It doesn’t make sense to me why someone would want this. Maybe I just don't understand where she's coming from, because I can't say that I'm overweight. That’s not the point, though. I wish I could meet this girl. I wish I could give her a hug and tell her she’s beautiful just the way she is. I wish she could see the beauty that God sees in her. I wish everyone could see how beautiful they are. We’re all unique. We all have different traits about us. Does that make us ugly? No. That makes us all the more beautiful.
This is not very long, but I just wanted to let everyone know; you are beautiful and you are loved. Never forget that.

tlp514 SILVER said...
tlp514 SILVER, Bloomington, Illinois
Thank you so much. :)

on Apr. 12 2010 at 7:32 am
kennedy_nicole BRONZE, Hancock, Maine

uhm....no? and awhhh.

good piece i really like it good job!