Whats in a name? | Teen Ink

Whats in a name?

By kcjo2990 BRONZE, St. Joseph, Michigan
kcjo2990 BRONZE, St. Joseph, Michigan

What's in a name; well William Shakespeare.(1564–1616) One of the most famous poets of all time. Shakespeare has written all types of poetry and plays, comedy, history, romance and tragedy. Some of his plays have even become movies in our time. Some of his famous ones are Romeo & Juliet, Macbeth, The Tempest and Hamlet.

Shakespeare was very influential for his time period because that's when people were more interested in literature; literature was in its peak and people were becoming more in tact with it. In just 23 years, between approximately 1590 and 1613, he is attributed with writing 38 plays, Famous Shakespearean sonnets and 5 other poems.

The Globe theater was the perfect place for Shakespeare's plays to be performed. Finally in 1599, he became part owner in the most prestigious public playhouse in London, the Globe. Queen Elizabeth was a huge influence on William Shakespeare. Also Richard Burbage was his lead actor for years, and had a great influence over the lead roles Shakespeare wrote.

I glad that William Shakespeare's work lasted this long therefore, I hope it goes on forever. Hopefully generation after generation will be able to see his wonderful work and let his masterpieces live on.

I chose this piece of writing because I enjoy the stories written by William Shakespeare. If you think about it Shakespeare's stories have been around for ages, we even have them in our school curriculum. So obviously he has written good stories/poems. William Shakespeare could be be reached at all kinds of ages from teens to adults. You have to get his sense of love and suspencefulness because it will defiantly keep you reading until your done so you can know what happened in the end, otherwise you wont be able to follow it and things in his stories wont seem right.
Sometimes I wish people still talked like they do in Shakespear's stories, they just seem more intellectual. Sure people might think oh well William Shakespeare is boring so I just wont read it, but you have to see the story behind it all.