Suicide | Teen Ink

Suicide

By ButterflyGirl1313 PLATINUM, Phoenix, Arizona
ButterflyGirl1313 PLATINUM, Phoenix, Arizona

"..and these children that you spit on as they try to change their worlds, they are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.." -David Bowie

Every day people commit suicide.
Most of the time it's because they think they have nothing to live for or they think nobody cares about them.
But I just don't understand it.
I do not understand how you could think something was so bad that you would do something to hurt yourself or take your own life.
I don't understand.
There's always a way to fix things.
Always.
People are bullying you or something, go to a teacher, switch schools, run away.
But don't, DON'T take your own life.
You think you're only hurting yourself but you're hurting you're family and friends and people around you as well.
There is really no way I can justify that in my mind.
I just can't.
When I hear about a suicide I pity them because they thought something was so terrible in their life that they couldn't live any more.
And then I wonder what was so awful that they thought that.
I wonder what they could have done to make their lives better instead of committing suicide.
What could the people around them have done to make them see that life was worth living???
I just hope all of the 4 people that read this would never think about committing suicide.
Life is a gift.
Cherish it and live it to the fullest.

on Aug. 8 2011 at 6:44 pm
secrets_of_silence GOLD, Gisborne, Other

life had i loved the more
had it but passed away
as quietly as the day
ebbs from the darkening star.

-emanuel litvinoff

ive thought about it but im too scared...

ps running away dont help becouse you still hear them in your head