What Really Matters To Me | Teen Ink

What Really Matters To Me

How am I supposed to break this down to the one thing that matters? Family…? Friends…? Hockey! Hockey is very important to me; it is how I live my life. When we play in our games we are the team to be afraid of, we hit and destroy the other team. My line is referred to as the “Hanson Brothers” from the movie Slapshot because we always cause the havoc. Hockey is life! Eat, sleep, Hockey the way of life. When my skates hit the ice you get one of the biggest adrenaline rushes imaginable. The big hits are only better for each team’s momentum; you need to be there and feel the spray of the ice when the puck switches directions, the way everything feels when two evenly matched teams are battling and leaving all they have on the ice. The fights giving and taking motivation to and from the teams, each goal scored just increases the roar of the crowd every hit leaves another person afraid to touch the puck in fear they will get hurt after another bone crushing hit. It’s all such a rush, and I can’t explain the half of it. You would have to be on the ice playing in a dead tie game with everything at stake, have to be there to be able to get a feel for what I am talking about. This is what matters to me, Hockey. Joey Bazaire.

My dad got me into hockey when i was a little kid and i have loved it ever since.

Dontmatter2u said...
on Oct. 8 2011 at 8:32 pm
Obviously, whoever Floppy Mcfuggles is needs to get a life. The kid who wrote this obviously is in love with the game and is much cooler than "floppy." Not to mention, has a real name ;) 

on Mar. 22 2010 at 11:03 am
That essay is horrible! Hockey is for cool people only! Get a Life!!