Daydreaming

Tick, tock... Over and over again, like a broken record.
Here I am, in my math class, trying to give my undivided attention to the lesson. Although it's hard to concentrate with kids whispering and murmuring in the background. Again... Tick, tock. Is this clock taunting me on purpose? It would seem so!
If only I could freeze time, be in my own little world without the all the ruckus. Oh, wait! I can, but of course.
I crossed my arms into a knot, then lay my head upon them gently, then I let myself drift to the dream. The daydream. The voices grew faint and weak as my eyes closed. Though I wasn't asleep, every breath I took in, my patience was stronger. And so I daydreamed, swiftly and silently blocking out the ticking of the clock and the talking of the students.
Starting off with everyones typical daydream, their crush. Then my mind went elsewhere, to a new fantasy! A fantasy that only the ones who can create such a world could dream about it!
Taking in another breath, mind went to things that didn't exist on planet Earth, mythical creatures! Dragons, ghouls, trolls, vampires... Like I said, mythical. Usually when the daydream is getting really good, something disrupts it. But that wasn't going to happen this time, no wa-- RING!
Oh, you've got to be kidding me! The bell, what else? I gave myself a chance to restart my heart, then fled from the classroom...

Moonbeam13 said...
Apr. 12, 2010 at 5:53 am
I love this poem and you know what's funny? I daydream mostly in math class tooo.