There is No Place Like Home | Teen Ink

There is No Place Like Home

By BensonNg BRONZE, 15-17, Tat Chee Ave., Kowloon Tong, Kln,, Other
BensonNg BRONZE, 15-17, Tat Chee Ave., Kowloon Tong, Kln,, Other

A very tragic incident happened in Hong Kong when a fifty-year-old residential building collapsed and took the lives of four unfortunate residents. The five-storey building collapsed in the afternoon at 2pm on 29th January 2010.

I was shocked by the news of the whole building collapsed in 10 seconds. People just had no time to escape. When I watched the news yesterday, I was very surprised. I thought a building in Hong Kong should never collapse in 10 seconds without any warning. Hong Kong is supposed to be a very safe place to live in since Hong Kong has a good reputation for safety precautions. I was confused.

Those who survived were very lucky but they lost all their belongings and did not have anywhere to stay in. The government should firstly support and comfort the victims. The second thing the government should do is to prepare a new home for them to live in. As seen on the television, the victims were emotionally disturbed. The HOME they felt so safe to stay in became a pile of rubble. They might now be afraid of living inside any buildings.

The government now MUST ensure all buildings we are living in are safe. We MUST have the confident to stay at HOME.

There is no place like HOME!