raccoon eyes

As a teenager, I always feel the need to fit in. I bought everything that had Hollister and Abercrombie splashed right front and centre on my shirts. I straightened by hair and wore eyeliner. Sounds like a normal teenage girl right? I’m sure every teen girl out there knows what I’m talking about. Truth is, when I really looked at all my clothes, my straight hair, and my raccoon eyes, I realized I looked like every other teen girl out there. But that’s what we want right? We all want to fit in and be accepted. This amuses me, because as teenagers, were usually in our “rebellious individual stage “ and feel the extreme need to be different. If we feel the need to be different, then why do we all look the same? I got tired of trying to dress to impress with labels, heavy makeup and fried straight hair. I don’t want to go with the flow anymore, just because that’s what everyone else is doing. So, I wiped off the eyeliner put away the straightener and put my front and centre label shirts up for sale. Now, with extra spending money in my hand, a clean low make up face, and clothes that don’t scream Hollister at your face, I’m ready to start fresh and be my own person.