Our generation This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By , Mabelvale, AR
Our generation has gone through phases.

Pirates

Ninjas

Pirates vs. Ninjas

Vampires

Wearwolves

Vampires vs. Wearwolves.

And it's all crap.
I was nine years old when the planes hit the towers. I was sitting in my third grade class, doing math.
For over half my life we've been at war. I identify with the protesters of the sixties. I want to be carrying a sign that says, Pick Flowers Not Fights. I want to live in turmoil. I want to live in a generation where we appretiate the great things. Where the popular music was Bob Dylan, The Who, and The Beatles. Not Miley Cyrus and The Jonas Brothers. But anyways. My generation, we have lived through a terrorist attack and George Bush. We are survivers. I will tell my kids that I remember when Barack Obama got elected president. That I remember the kids in my school saying that a black man could never be president, that a woman could never be president. And I watched when Tina Fey did an impresion of Sarah Palin on SNL. And I will tell my kids about all the important moments of our generation, hoping that in the end they will learn that our generation is just like theirs. Tragic and great.

WriterFanatic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 28, 2010 at 1:55 am
Brilliant
, a phenominal and sweet article

starrymusic said...
I absolutely love this. It's exactly how I feel. Thank you for expressing what I have been thinking. (: