should schools start later | Teen Ink

should schools start later

By German25 BRONZE, Linden, Pennsylvania
German25 BRONZE, Linden, Pennsylvania

Dear school board,

I believe that schools should start later four good reasons. One it will give kids more time to get to school. Two kids will get more sleep and be more alert. Three kids will be able to do more stuff in the morning. Yes schools should start later.

My first reason is it will give kids more time to get to school. Kids can benefit from that because they will be on time more. Plus kids wont be late and frustrated.

My second reason is kids will get more sleep. First kids will be more willing to go to school. Next they wont be tired in the middle of class. Last they will learn more because they’ll be more alert.

My last reason is that they may be able to do more things in the morning. One they may be able to do their chores. Second they may be able to do homework that they could not do the night before. Third they will be more ready for school.

Some may argue that you will have less extracurricular time. But kids will be able to get better grades in. In conclusion I think schools should start later

lik522 said...
on May. 23 2011 at 9:40 am

nice

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

I really like this idea. Did you actually send it to a school board?

It could be written and composed better.

Keep the good work up :)