GDL Response

The Safe Teen and Novice Driver Uniform Protection Act require states to enforce minimum Graduated Driver Licensing standard. It prohibit nighttime driving, passenger restriction, ban on the use of cell phones, age for issuance of learner’s permit is 16 and unrestricted license at 18.

I do not advocate the STANDUP act. It rises age to 18, banning night-time driving for teens, ban on the use of cell phones, and restricting the number of underage passengers in the car make in the name of safer road. This worried a lot of teenagers that just like me. Just like a lot of teenagers, we understand that ban on the use of cell phones are for our safety concerns.
There should not be prohibition on nighttime driving, because it would affect teenagers’ jobs and academics. Most teenagers have jobs; they need to get to the workplaces by car. Their parents are busy working, so they could not get them to work. With the prohibition on nighttime driving, it affect greatly on teenagers. They could not get to experience the real world and get some extra bucks in the economic downturns. It also affects teenagers academically. Some students need to go to night time school or academy. The STANDUP act limited the students’ opportunity that’s essential for their future.