What Matters This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Life is what matters. Being able to see another day is what matters. Having a familyand spending time with them is what matters. Having enough food to eat each dayis what matters. Your friends, the ones you can always count on, are whatmatters. Having arms, legs, fingers, toes, eyes, ears, a nose, hair, a mouth, andteeth is what matters. And even if some don't have one or more of those things,just being alive is what matters. Having air to breathe is what matters. Livingis what matters. Learning to make the most of what we have is what matters.Learning to adapt and live without the things we cannot have is what matters.Learning from our mistakes and saying we're sorry is what matters. Saying "Ilove you" is what matters. Being understanding, caring and showingcompassion for others is what matters. Having fun is what matters. Expressingourselves is what matters. Listening to others is what matters. Talking tosomeone is what matters. Dealing with a loss of a loved one is what matters.Growing as a person is what matters. Going to school and getting your educationis what matters. Having a job is what matters. Seeing the stars, sun and moon iswhat matters. Having life and living it to the fullest is what matters the most.So, you see, all in all, everything matters.

lzcelloplayer said...

Wonderful, this piece says it all. It's simplicity makes it perfect. We should all just stop and think once and awhile, about what truly is important, and what matters to us. 

Congrats on getting it published in the magazine! 

:D

Unwritten said...
This is so simple, too bad people can't just understand that easily. 

broadwaygirl91 said...
This piece is absolutely true!!! Thank you so very much for this piece! We should stop and be thankful and remember that we all matter on this earth. This is really moving:)

Roseanna said...
I wrote this. I love it and cannot believe I came across this after so many years:) Back then my name was Roseanna Cerullo before I got married.