Rush to Love This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
   What do you think of when you hear the word "love?" Most people think of aboyfriend, friend, pet, or someone else in their life. Not me - I immediatelythink of my mother. Most people are embarrassed, or even ashamed, to say theylove their parents, but I am not. I have always looked up to my mother andthought of her as the strongest and most beautiful person I know. I would neverbe ashamed to say that my mother is who matters most to me.

My mother isnot like any other person. She had a very rough childhood and had to overcomemany things. She married at 18 and has been happily married ever since. She haspulled through two open-heart surgeries, one while pregnant with my youngersister. She has raised three daughters to the best of her ability, and did sohaving learned from the mistakes of those around her.

My mother hasalways been a hard worker. She lets no one stand in her way when she wants toaccomplish something. She can be nothing but the best, and for all her hard workshe puts in, she deserves nothing but the best.

My mother is not onlybeautiful on the outside, but on the inside, too. Her friends look up to her andtrust her completely. My mother would never purposely hurt someone and wouldnever want someone to lose faith in her.

Even though my mom puts somuch time and effort into her work and friends, she always has time for herfamily. In my mother's eyes, her family always comes first. She cares about themmore than anything.

My mother has not only been a parent and teacher tome but she has also been a friend. She is there whenever I need her and I knowshe would do anything to make sure I am happy and successful. I hope I become thesame kind of hardworking, beautiful and caring person that she is.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

MissyninjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 7, 2011 at 7:12 pm:
I love it. you did a great job and I sure she's proud of you :)