Jobs At Arrowhead | Teen Ink

Jobs At Arrowhead

By JennaP GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
JennaP GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

“I hate working, but I love money,” says senior Lindsey Hucke. This is the feeling that most highschoolers share about their jobs.
Approximately 400 junior and senior students have jobs at Arrowhead High School. On average each student works 10-15 hours a week. Some of the jobs include McDonalds, Culver’s, Starbucks, Marshalls, Applebee’s, Pick ‘n Save, Piggly Wiggly, and Shop Ko.
Anyone who is a minor, 17 and under, needs to acquire a work permit in order to be employed.
Right now jobs are scarce, but if you look hard enough there are people who are willing to employ. Look for babysitting jobs. If they aren’t willing to pay what you want just feel good that the money doesn’t get taxes taken out of them. So you might be making more than your average minimum wage worker.
Look for seasonal jobs. Some farms may be willing to hire for the summer and some department store maybe willing to hire for the Christmas season.
Jobs are hard to juggle with school and other extracurricular activities outside of school but it helps with finances and with preparing for life after highschool.