My Life

It’s hard to explain to people
When your brother can’t talk clearly
When your parents can barely give you money for lunch
When you fear that you will lose your home
When you can’t go out to eat
When your parents can’t give you money for a field trip
When you can’t afford a doctor
Or dentist
Or even anything
When your parents can’t pay the bills
When bill collectors call every
Hour
Minute
Second
When you cry every night
Because they cant pay their bills
Or trying to get my autistic brother to just say “I love you Julie” Cleary
He’s getting better and better everyday
Maybe things might turn around
Out of the darkness
That we are in
I just want to live a normal life
Those words are native to me
Normal
Life.

bosackj said...
I really enjoyed this. I was great. Things will get better though. Your brother will get better. So will life. Just look at the positive. The extraordinary in the ordinary and everything will be okay.

FR34K0N4L345H33 said...
Oct. 16, 2009 at 5:53 am
I know exactly how you feel. My life was similar to this. It has got better in ways and worse in others. It seems like you have a good family though...mine were horrible. That's why I started writing...it helps me greatly. It gave me goosebumps reading this...it reminded me so much of my previous life.

penguin35 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I feel awful when I read things like this because I have a good life! Anyway, this is a great poem and it has a lot of depth.

ciaradell This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 10, 2009 at 12:32 am
I know just where you're coming from.
My situation is worse in it's ways (no I'm not here to make a contest of who has a worse life, haha.) and sometimes, I just feel like I need to get help, but there's just no way that I know how to tell people...
It really is hard to want to live a NORMAL LIFE.
Just remember: No one has a normal life, everyone's got problems, so even though yours are worse, don't wish you were someone else, cause you might regret it.

Nyansema replied...
Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:55 am
very true...i've always been careful about i wish 4,life's kinda complicated but i always believe der's someone who wishes to be just like me.

ciaradell This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 13, 2009 at 7:17 am
yeah exactly, and you always just need to hope for the best and wish for change. :)

BriarRose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Everthing will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, its not the end. =]