Teenagers (Females)

“Parents of teenagers don’t have it easy. Door-slamming, fights over phone use and friend choice, late nights spent lying awake envisioning benders or high-speed car chases, the futile feeling that everything you says goes in one ear and out the other. And as much as parents struggle, teens will attest that adolescence is no cakewalk for them either.”
Quote by – Ericka P.

The feelings that teenagers get is indescribable. This is the time where there emotions run wild. Even though we try to restrain our bad outbursts it just happens. Even though we think were in love, we don’t have enough common sense to stand on the outside and look in. I’m not saying teenagers don’t have similar emotions as adults but their pretty different in certain ways. Stress is mounting for everyone, including teens but from my research more likely teens are. I was thinking about why and I came up with this: this is the point where teens start their life. New things happening different ways that they feel and their either to shy to ask or they just don’t want to know. Personally I’m not afraid to ask anything but most of them are. Also this is the time were there mood swings come usually at the age of 12 they won’t be acting like there self’s usually laziness comes at hand and the mood flash as I say. They will be happy and could switch to sad/hyper/mean ECT before a blink of an eye if something is said wrong. Every teen dose it, it’s just the matter if they show it or not. What parents need to do is to understand and kind of let a loose grip. You do not want your child to become your enemy. You want them to be like a friend, someone who they can tell stuff to and not be uncomfortable about it. One of the issues are not enough love. There is not such thing as OVER loving your teens, when it comes to warmth and affection you can not give to much that is really important in a mother daughter father daughter relationship. A Physiologist quotes-"Being an involved parent takes time and is hard work, and it often means rethinking and rearranging your priorities. It frequently means sacrificing what you want to do for what your child needs you to do. Be there mentally as well as physically.” Now what that means to me is you need to be there for your kid at all times. You can’t just see them crying and walk away. And if they have a big cheerleading compition for ex. You should be there supporting what there doing in every way possible. Another thing is trying to avoid over punishing a child. All the types of punishment that parents use, the one worst side effect is physical. 70% of physiologists agree. Teens who are hit, slapped, spanked ECT are more violent towards others. They are most likely to be bullies or most likely use aggression toward other to solve problems. Also the best way to get respectful treatment from your child is to treat her respectfully. You should give your child the same politeness you would give to anyone else. Respect his opinion. Pay attention when she is speaking to you. Children treat others the way their parents treat them. The last thing is quoted by another phycolisgest “Setting limits helps your child develop a sense of self-control. Encouraging independence helps her develop a sense of self-direction. To be successful in life, she’s going to need both. Accepting that it is normal for children to push for autonomy is absolutely key to effective parenting. Many parents mistakenly equate their child’s independence with rebelliousness or disobedience. Children push for independence because it is part of human nature to want to feel in control rather than to feel controlled by someone else.” – this is a very important quote to me because I feel that most parents are lacking this. The careless parents leave them alone and expect them to just live, with out guidelines or anything. They don’t understand that they’ve already been taught but there kids haven’t and they just assume that it’s an instinct. Another thing when you go over board and stay on their shoulder they don’t get that alone time and the space that they need to be cableable to live alone and not depend on anyone. To survive in the real world as they grow they need to learn that bit by bit.

Yes I may be 13 but those are my thoughts if I was 30

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You sound very mature compared to some people, and that's not to say for your age because I always hate when people say "you are very mature for your age." It would be a lot easier and possibly I would have read the whole thing if it was in paragraph form, because honestly I could only read the first about half of it. I don't mind the grammar as mch as the paragraphs, cause I know that part is harder to learn.

AnneOnnimous said...
Jul. 3, 2010 at 4:46 pm:
I would like it even more if the grammar was better and there were more manageable paragraphs

thewriteidea This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 4, 2010 at 4:10 pm :
i agree -- it's easier to read that way

Bethani said...
Mar. 15, 2010 at 5:41 pm:
I want my parents to read this! My parents have told me lots of times that being parents isn't easy and they'd like to know what teens want from their parents. They tell me that they aren't perfect. This has very good points! Keep it up! You seem mature for your age.

Annabelle7614 said...
My parents just tell me to grow up.

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 28, 2009 at 11:06 am:
If my parents read this, they'd probably be a lot more respectable to me. This is a great article, and it's really true. It really shows what teens want from their parents.

Quiera_ser_adorado<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
if only every parent could read this. god, i might actually have a life!!

shanniqua said...
It is so true

Skittlez2015 said...
Sept. 29, 2009 at 10:16 am:
U r so right about all of that only if it was that easy for parents and teens.

Teiralovessugar13 said...
You are so right

Jenna C. said...
incorrect grammar *cringe*

Boom978 replied...
Oct. 8, 2009 at 12:14 pm :
We are teens here. We shouldn't need to have correct grammar. Puls Sudites Say taht you olny need the frsit and lsat ltetres crecrot to be albe to raed it. Also her/his imfomation is right some give her/him a break.

cassandra_2011 replied...
Oct. 21, 2009 at 9:27 pm :
still, this is a poetry website, if you want people to read your work, you should space it and use correct grammar and spelling.

Zora O. replied...
Feb. 21, 2010 at 6:40 pm :
Yeah, incorrect grammar makes me cringe too, but I'd give the girl a break for being thirteen. Sure, I wouldn't have excused myself, but she's not me. This is a website for young people's expression and she did that, didn't she? This is where we struggle for the freedom we can't find anywhere else in the world right now, at this critical point in our lives where we begin to realise authority is flawed, and we could probably control our lives fine without their help,... (more »)

cassandra_2011 replied...
Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:51 pm :
lol the world isn't fair, quit pouting and make something of yourself. Soon you'll learn nobody cares how you feel. It won't get you anywhere in life. Grow up and learn to write.