Questions about our generation to ponder | Teen Ink

Questions about our generation to ponder

August 14, 2009
By haybear389 BRONZE, Granbury, Texas
haybear389 BRONZE, Granbury, Texas
2 articles 6 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
Some people are scared of the dark, but those who dream in it are the true heros!


Have you ever been kissed? Have you ever been broken up with? Have you even broken up with some one? Have you even been threatened? Have you ever been hit by a boyfriend, girlfriend, or parents? Have you ever tried drugs? Have you ever sent or received inappropriate text messages or pictures?

In short have you ever been pressured into anything you didn’t want to do? I know I have and when I really stopped to think about this stuff I got SCARED!!!!


Firstly, for my friends and I. And secondly, for my children and grandchildren. The generations just keep getting worse imagine how bad things will be for them

I know that things are hard, and things just keep getting harder. Do you want to know something scary? That new thing that every one is doing called sexting is getting kids charged with misdemeanors and even felonies And another thing that will defiantly scare girls is that there has been a 30% rise in rape because of sexting and if you have been sexting guys you can’t press charges

Another thing that scares me is drugs. We all know what they are. We all joke about them and say stuff like “are you smoking crack” or “Yeah, I tried snorting coke once but the ice cubes just got stuck in my nose.” But, it’s not funny. I have lost friends to drugs and I’m sure some of you have too. And, some of us have lost parents to it too.

Another thing for us to be worried about is violence. Some people have abusive families. Others, of us have abusive boyfriends or girlfriends. And, violence in school is a huge problem today. School shootings, bombings, fighting, bulling, getting pushed into lockers, and other things like that are causing a huge problem for us. Am I the only one who thinks its wrong that it is necessary for schools to have to have metal detectors, officers on campus, and drug/explosive smelling dogs.

These are just some of the things about our generation that scare me and make me worry for out children and grandchildren.


The author's comments:
There is so much more that I didn't add that is wrong, and I was kindda venting but I realized that it's true that our genneration is messed up so... please comment on my rant!