World's Problem

Some people say the problem today is materialism. I disagree. There is nothing inherently wrong with things, nothing wrong with having money, or with being beautiful or appreciating beauty.
What "is" wrong is flaunting your things,your wealth, and your beauty. That is the disease. I love our society, our country. Never before in the history of man has a nation been dedicated to human freedom. But human freedom requires dignity: respect for oneself and for those around them.
In that sense, we have grossly veered off course. Most of us know deep down that the way we behave is wrong. Yet, because there are rarely consequences, we go through with comitting our daily acts of disgrace.
There is much that the world can teach us. But it seems to be forgotten what we can teach the world.

jOjOsfreakingCIRCUS said...
Wow. I was truly impressed. A very intellectually written and thought provoking read. I also really appreciate how you managed to maintain a calm, logical tone rather than getting overexcited and merely ranting as many writers on here tend do to. I completely agree with you, and I like you took such an overused topic and made it interesting with a new approach.

Nae52 replied...
Thank you for your comment. It was very honest and straight to the point. I completely understand your point of people just talking or writing nonsense for no apparent reason. I, on the other hand, like to see things how they really are if you know what i mean. Once again, Thank you

jOjOsfreakingCIRCUS replied...
No prob. I'd love to read more from you