Perfect Rain | Teen Ink

Perfect Rain

August 15, 2009
By Anonymous

Tiny raindrops make perfect circles in the puddles they land in. They fall at miraculous speed, plummeting to the Earth in the best thrill ride they have ever had. The rain dripping from the roof is visible from the window I gaze through. It falls in huge strings, plopping down lazily, forming deep puddles. A lone car slowly sloshes through the street, windshield wipers blowing bits of rain out of the driver’s view. I crack open the window just a little, to take in the thick, sweet scent the rain leaves lingering in the air. Tiny drops collect on the grass, resting after the long fall to Earth. Trees sway in the rain slowly, dancing a the feel of fresh, pure water brushing against their long prickly leaves. I can hear the rain patter against the hard cement, jumping back up in tiny sprays of water. The air tastes sweet and new, as it sweeps out the hard evil that is pollution, pulling it back and replacing it with new, better air. Each time it rains, Mother nature is giving us what we need, renewed souls and purity.


The author's comments:
This article is in the "What Matters" because, really, rain is a gift from nature that we take for granted. We all need to appreciate these small acts of kindness God gives us, and always, always, smell the rain.