Facing a Challenge | Teen Ink

Facing a Challenge

I’m a junior in high school, one of the most challenging parts is that my parents are not legal in the United States. To start out with everyone that is not born in the United States are facing some difficult time. First of all when I was like 5 or 6 years old we moved in to the United States. But in that time it wasn’t that hard to come to the United States. We used to live with one of my aunt and uncle. Later after a few months we move in to a house that knows we lived in for at least 12 years. By the time we even knew my mom had my sister that right knows she is 12 years old. But my parents are really sacred of getting caught by immigration (la Migra). Just a couple of weeks ago, I have seen that children’s that are separated from there parents have gone without eat in days. Sometimes I think that we all have the right to live in a place that can have some freedom. In my opinion I think that Barack Obama should do what he promised to due when he was getting elected to be the president of the United States. He promised to give people their residents, which have been in the United States for more then 10 years. One reason are that children that don’t have there parents with them right now, they feel so lonely without them. Even thought parents have the right to be with their children and children need to be with there parents. What about you would you like to be separated from your parent? Or would you like to be without your family? I heard that once immigration gets you, you should be able to decide if you want to take your children with you. They should not take them away from you. Everyone have a chose to take them with you or leave them with one relative that you can trust. Its default to cross over the border by not getting caught by La migra (immigration patrol). Immigrants have a difficulty time of crossing rivers, deserts, and many other things. It’s really hard to find a job when you don’t have your documentations to live in the United States. Mexico, China, and the rest of the countries that are permitted to come to the United States. For Example last night I was watching TV in Spanish and this 12 year old girl and her brother that is 5 year old were talking about how they feel really alone with out there mother. But here mother is Mexico. They said “that if they only can bring there mom back.” I think if I was one of them I would have done the same thing. Everyone has parents once in life so everyone should be treated equal. Everyone needs some freedom. Finally in my conclusion everyone have the RIGHT to do what ever they want to do and, live were ever they want to live.

I worte this article beacuse my parents are not legal in the United States.