On my First Crush | Teen Ink

On my First Crush

By usiylover2 BRONZE, Asheville, North Carolina
usiylover2 BRONZE, Asheville, North Carolina

My first crush is different than most. Not because it’s more special, per say, but rather because it’s unique.

Her name was Sarah. She had long chocolate hair that was a just a little wavy, and big chestnut eyes that didn’t seem to line up with her tomboy personality. She was the gym teacher’s daughter, and a year older than me and I though she was incredibly grown up. Sarah was six, to my five.

She was in first grade, and I was in kindergarten. She was always kind to me, once she even kissed me on the cheek in return for a bundle of flowers I gave her that I’d picked during one recess.

Of course, why is this so special? It’s sweet, sure, but just your every day case of puppy love. You see, at the time I didn’t know a girl could feel that way about another girl.

Yes, yes you read that right. I’m a girl, just like Sarah. At the time, I didn’t recognize my feelings for what they were. No, I just…well, I’m not sure what I thought.

But, I do know that I‘ll never forget her. Indeed, she still holds a place in my heart.

I suppose she always will.

marZh said...
on Jul. 5 2011 at 10:29 am
its so nice.....just like my story.