The Guide for Overacheivers Who Already Know......Everything | Teen Ink

The Guide for Overacheivers Who Already Know......Everything

July 21, 2009
By Anonymous

Dear God,
I want to go to electrical engineering camp. My friends just want to go to movies. Am I an adult in a kids body?
...................................
Yeah, so I don't exactly have the best dilemma. Seeing how my dilemma is based on years of reading Sci-Fi instead of Twilight. Ooh-thats good- I know my dilemma now, I am no good at being a teenager!
Alright, I guess I should back track a little bit. I would introduce myself, but I think you already know me. I am the girl who always sits in the front of the classroom, and actually answers the questions. I am the girl that the popular teens probably wouldn't know the name of unless I was one of their stereotypical clones. (And, no, I am not starting a conspiracy about popular people cloning themselves, apparently they do it on their own.) I'm the girl who already knows what she wants to do in life, and tests well, and could go to any college she wants to. And you hate that girl because she is a dorky know-it-all, and you wish she would just go off to the smart people convention and leave the regular people alone to figure out their lives without her breathing down your neck. Well sorry about that, I don't try for it. And don't think I was being pompous back their, I was trying to speak from your point of view, I'm really not that smart. I'm just a kid, who wishes boys would talk to her, and wishes she wasn't such a know-it-all, and wishes she wasn't such a stand out. She wishes that her pimples would go away, her hair to be beautiful, and wait, I forget something- her sister not to be mentally retarded for the rest of her life. So yeah, I'm not normal, I know that, because no one but me knows who Dilbert is, or Issac Asimov is, or how to build a radio. What I don't know is how to be part of that small ratio of populars that thrive in different pockets of the world. But guess what, that is something I don't know, don't want to know, or ever will want to know. So take that, because I am dork. I am a dork and I love it and I will never ever want to not be a dork, because that would awful and sucky and boring. And thats not me.