What matters | Teen Ink

What matters

As Michel W. Smith once said, 'friends are friend forever and the welcome will not end.' Well this has not been true for me. I have had many groups of friends, but then there comes a time where they're not your friends anymore. They're not the people you knew. I'm going through that right now, the people I thought were nice to me just want to bring me down.
Do you ever have one of those days where you feel like you've been slapped in the face, and all you want to do is go home where you're safe? Lately, that's how I've been feeling. It's like I want it to rain and never stop, and that lump in my throat just won't go away.
I absolutely hate on what I do after school every Wednesday because of the people I'm around: my team. On days I've begged my mom to not take me, and I remind her on how bad it is and how I feel when I'm with those people I have to call my team. It's sort of funny too because it's not a sports team. It's Odyssey of the Mind.
When I'm working on an O.M. problem (Odyssey of the Mind) it's like my escape from every day life, where I can just have a little fun. O.M. is about creativity and solving problems. For me that's my favorite thing to do, and when I'm working I'm always happy. This year however has been different. At first I thought the people on the team were my best friends but as time evolved they changed their actions, the coaches did too. I've been yelled at, scolded and even been pushed physically. All by my team. The coach wonders why I'm not talking that much or interacting; and he takes me outside to talk. So as it turns out my friends are not forever, and the welcome has ended. I'm done crying over lost competitions and taking the blame. I can feel that my time with them is coming to an end.
My true friends are what matters to me, wouldn't that matter to you?

Please give comments.