What has Bobby Shmurda been doing after release | Teen Ink

What has Bobby Shmurda been doing after release

May 23, 2023
By Anonymous

     American rapper Bobby Shmurda, or Ackquille Jean Pollard is famously known for going to prison over rapping about his illegal possession of weapons. He pleaded guilty in court and was sentenced 6 years to prison in December of 2016. He was released in 2021 and it was all over social media that he was out 10 months early for good behavior on a 6 year probation. Ackquille received a bunch of comments on all platforms when he got out from loyal fans and friends welcoming him back, and after what probably felt like a century, he was happy and excited to give his thanks.

     Now in 2023 it has been 2 years since he’s been released. I checked his youtube channel out and he last posted 2-6 months ago with three music videos and was also consistent 8 months ago, posting just his songs getting 20-40k or more views. But his more recent music video titled Bobby Shmurda x Lougotcash - Gwualla reached 150k people's eyes. It's a pretty loud and graphic video of him infiltrating a house with a lot of prop weapons, a little ironic considering what his prison time was for. His other music videos however don't have guns, but still could be considered graphic content, showing a lot of cars, women, smoking, and partying. However the fans love it, commenting "This is the Bobby we needed" or "This GUNNA be song of the year.'' Maybe now he's not rapping about his felonies, but he's still making music that commonly involves, like many other artists, the use of violence and smoking. 

    What is he doing now? Well I saw he was active recently on his instagram, one video shouting out a supercar event in Houston Texas with him carrying two plates of food, He also got close to a million views on a recent short of a video of him outside a car with some really authentic foreign music. Week after week he just posts on social media gaining more attention. Every video he creates gets amazing supportive comments. Bobby seems to have loyal fans on every post. It's cool to see the amount of support he has from his community and how much thrive he can bring with just his name and words.


The author's comments:

I'm a senior in Manitowoc Lincholn high school, and I am posting this for my journalism class. That is all