My Best-est, Truest, Greatest Friend Ev-er! | Teen Ink

My Best-est, Truest, Greatest Friend Ev-er!

May 17, 2009
By princessmadi BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
princessmadi BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My best friend is my favorite person in the whole world. I have known her since we met in 1998, when she first came to Denver. She was 16 months old, and I was two. We met in the airport, and I greeted her with a big hug, she smiled at me, and that’s when I knew we were going to be life-long friends. Her name is Jade Catherine M. But, I call her Jade. And she, is my best-est, truest, greatest friend ev-er!

She is currently twelve years old and in the sixth grade. Her thick black hair goes beautifully down her back. We have many similarities; she is from China, like me. Jade is an amazing dancer, and great at math too. If I could pick any color to describe her, I would pick purple.

We are cousins, more like sisters actually. We know almost everything about each other. From the boys we’ve liked, to the girls we’ve envied. From our mistakes, to our accomplishments. We’ve laughed and cried together, loved and hated…

Jade is important to me because she is not only a best friend, but a true friend. She is so loyal, which in my opinion is important quality in any relationship. Plus, Jade is good at listening. I can talk to her about anything on my mind and she will pay attention, and sometimes give advice. She has helped me get through some of the times when the rollercoaster ride is wild, and I need someone to ride with me.

I could never imagine life without Jade. Friends like these are rare, they only come every once in a while, but when you find one, you are very lucky. I, am very lucky. There should be more people in this world like Jade. She is so positive and is inclusive to everyone. I admire her for that, and sometimes I wish I were more like her. Each day, she makes the world a better place. Jade is a leader, not a follower, another thing I admire about her.

Even though Jade and I are very close friends, we are not perfect. Like everyone, we have gotten in a couple arguments over time but we’ve always forgiven each other, and in the end everything is okay. I am happy to know that Jade is a person I can trust with my secrets, a person I am not very easily at all upset with, a person who has my back, someone who will catch me if I fall and someone who can look up to me in the same way. And, that is Jade, my best-est, truest, greatest friend ev-er! I will always love her, no matter what happens.

The author's comments:
My best friend (obviously) inspired me to write about her. I look up to her so much and I think she is a really great person, and my LIFE LONG friend. I love you Jade!