And this is my dark side. | Teen Ink

And this is my dark side.

April 25, 2009
By Anonymous

I hate you. I hate you , I hate you ,I hate you.
But I have to love you. Why? Because of some
Stupid unspoken rule everyone follows.
You have to love your mom ,you just have to.
No matter what. No matter all the things she’s done to you, and
How you’re treated. Nope, it doesn’t matter, you just do it. More like are
Forced to do it. I always dreamed of having another mom. Always. But nope, I’m stuck with this one, and I have no clue why, God was obviously in some kind of mood when
He chose a mom for me. And then he expects me to be strong, to be happy, to keep on going. When I don’t, I just really gave up. And I don’t feel like being all powerful and strong and positive. Life is full of hypocrites and liars who seek the power in society. It is meaningless, since millions die everyday, and no one even knows who they are tomorrow. So why do we live? Why are we put in something that’s not forever, that ends, but keeps on going ; without us. Why are we forced to live and go through life, when we didn’t ask for it. We are put in this world, just like that, without a question. To keep this humanity race going, going and hating, destroying, and dying. Dying at the same time. We are born, and we go on, we learn pain and search for happiness. That’s everyone’s goal, isn’t it? To find true happiness .How many people actually find it? Huh, really how many ? And no I’m not talking about superficial crap, like materialism and fame, and power. I’m talking about something that’s so fulfilling that makes every other painful memory in your life feel like it’s nothing and make it go away, just like that. And you get over it, and learn how to live . How to live with your soul, how to be alive. How many times have you been hurt? And how many times have you been genuinely happy ? Life is unfair. This has been stated probably a million and three times over the course of ..ever. So why is it not fair? Isn’t life supposed to be beautiful. ? Isn’t life supposed to be full of joy and meaningfulness. ? Cause it seems like it’s more full of pain, and suffering, and injustice. Pride and prejudice. Crime and cheaters. Lies and betrayal. All for one thing : power. And there is completely absolutely nothing you can do about it.

The author's comments:
Yeah I was mad and angry when I wrote this. So love it or hate it. Choose one.