What Matters | Teen Ink

What Matters

April 24, 2009
By Jacob Brown BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan
Jacob Brown BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

My friends & family are the most important thing in my life. I don’t know what I would do without them. They are people I can tell anything, and they wouldn’t care. My friends & family are very caring.

There is one day in particular that I loved. We were up in northern Michigan at Wilderness State Park camping for a week. We were with our friends that we really only see every six months. They are basically our family. It was late at night on my birthday. Everyone decided they wanted to surprise me. They pulled out an Ohio State sky lantern. Sky lanterns are things that you light inside, and then they fly up and catch on fire, then fall. They chose Ohio State because I am a Michigan fan. They lit it and let then it go. We were having so much fun watching Ohio State go down in flames! That was really cool. Also, they got me a remote control boat. Its number twenty-three which I think is cool. My dad was number twenty-three in high school football. I think they did that on purpose. It was really nice of them.
The fact that my friends and family thought of doing this for me was great. It made me feel great about them and that I could count on them for anything, no matter what.