Making a change | Teen Ink

Making a change

By briannamoreno SILVER, Sacramento, California
briannamoreno SILVER, Sacramento, California

"Go until you lose¨ - Albert einstein.

High school students should study real world problems.Students should study people that they can relate too , they need to be taught to speak up and let their voices be heard. Many teenagers now can relate to Tupac's struggles, to his past , to the obstacles he had to overcome to succeed in his short life for example, homelesness and bullying.Tupac was one of these kids, he moved around a lot so he always felt like he did not fit in growing up. Most of us have felt this way at least once in our life.We should learn more about society, its problems and how we can try to solve them and better ourselves. 

Tupac was not an ordinary child.He suffered a lot growing up.He turned since a young age into the streets since his mother couldn't really take care of him growing up. Tupac's mother faced drug addiction and that was her weakness as a mother.I think that Tupac became very arrogant and confident thanks to working hard for anything, especially people's respect. Dyson states, “Tupac insisted on being the best. Either you were the best,or you were a nobody as far as he was concerned”.Since Tupac was made fun as a child for not having the “coolest” clothes or not fitting in , he probably used this motivation to show everyone he was capable of overcoming anything and everything.

We should study Shakur because he was a great writer. His love for literacy was something most of his fans didn't know about. His close family and friends knew about this talent of his but he was killed before getting to share it with the whole world. Tupac loved reading and writing poems and always enjoyed learning new things.His mother was a big part of that and he was always grateful to her for influencing him the way she did so that he could be informed about the world, and how to fight with his powerful words.”Tupac’s hunger for reading continued throughout his career, a habit that allowed him to fill his raps with sharp observations about the world around him” is mentioned in the data set.

We should study Tupac because he loved to express himself .He didn't sugar code things he spoke his mind and didn't care what anyone had to say, he spoke the truth. In his song changes he talks about problems in society. “let’s change the way we eat, let’s change the way we live, and let’s change the way we treat each other” he mentions. Tupac was referring to how society, our world need to change. He spoke about how much cruelty there was and how racism has always been a problem that we need to fix. We all need to “learn to see me as a brother instead of two distant strangers” , by this he meant how we need to stop judging people for their skin color and give them a chance.

High school students should study Tupac because he was a revolutionary person. He’s someone that changed our world with what he spoke about. Tupac inspired people to speak their minds, to speak up for what they believed in. We should learn about what’s going on out there in the real world, and be prepared to face it. We should have enough knolage about our past to help us understand our present and all the battles that are yet to come.

This article is about my opinion and why i think highschool students should study Tupac Shakur.