Positive | Teen Ink

Positive

October 2, 2018
By Anonymous

Dear reader


   “Train your mind to see the good in every situation” is a common quote we seen on social media, but what does that quote mean to you? To me this quote means, your mind is behind everything. If you are having a bad day and you are doing nothing but feeding yourself negative things and having a negative mindset over every little thing, then of course you're going to be upset, depressed, irritated all the time. If you train your mind to see the good in every situation though, that's a whole different story. You will see start to see yourself become a happier person, and making better choices.            

     One reason teenagers should stay positive is to become a happier person. If you have nothing but good, nice, and positive thoughts going through your mind all the time, you will see your self start to be happier. The reason why this happens is because you have good positive vibes going through your mind, which will also help you manage stress.  With you being happier you will start to get more done. For example, “if you are in a bad mood the time all you’re going to do is sleep or shelter yourself”, but if your happier you'll do more, accomplish more things.

     Another reason teens should stay positive is because they would make better choices. Some may argue that you can't stay positive all the time, because in some situations you just can't be positive. Although some may argue that, in every situation you can find a silver lining. For example, if there is a death in the family you can choose to stay positive by thinking positive thoughts like, “ He’s in a better place now “. If you have positive mind set all the time, you will see yourself start to make better choices. Sometimes those better choices can save your life. If you have a negative mind set all the time, you will have nothing but bad things going through your mind all the time. Which will lead you to make poor choices.

     Positivity is really powerful thing if you really think about it. Most people who are successful today had to stay positive through the hardest times in their lives. Imagine how many times they were shot down when making that climb to where they are today. People in higher places telling them “you're not good enough”. Imagine how bad that made them feel. If they let that get to them and told themselves, “Yeah, he is right. I’m not good enough,” and let the negativity get to them, then they wouldn't be where they are today. I understand that the person reading this is probably a teenager and is probably thinking, yeah yeah I’ve heard this already. Well look at it this way: any time you find yourself feeling negative and starting to not feel the positivity just think to yourself, somebody out in the world has it way worse than me.  


Sincerely,


Christopher Jr