Family Matters | Teen Ink

Family Matters

September 12, 2018
By Anonymous

Loving is hard, being forced to love is even harder. I love a lot of people for different reasons, I wouldn't use anybody because I just don't have the heart for it. I can't stand being used and abused for no reason other than someone else's amusement. But, when I fight back, I'm the one that's terrible. So they take a jab at me, expecting me to become weak and vulnerable. I have been in the past, so their plan worked. But now, I am more powerful than ever. I love my family and all, but when there is broken people pulling each other down, that's where the line is drawn. I have never felt so angry and so defensive in my life. To add some context, my parents got in a fight. Which I decided to step in to stand up for my mom. She's done this for me, time and time again so I thought I'd return the favor. But, I was afraid of being physically hurt. No kid should have to feel that way, and no adult should make a kid feel that way. Then turn around and say you love them, you don't. You can't claim to love someone and treat them and their family like they don't mean anything to you. You're not thankful, respectful, loving,caring, as a father should be. Instead, you are narcisstic, selfish, and don't care about anyone's feelings but your own. You make me want to move out and leave, but I can't do that to my mom. I love her too much to have her fight these battles alone. Someone needs to fight for her, because it's too much for just one person to handle. But, she tries and carry everything on her shoulders.