Apples and Oranges

When you think of food your mind doesn't immediately go to salads, fruit bowls, or bagels does it? Well, if it does then congratulations, your healthy. No, my mind immediately goes to those barbeque Pringles and chocolate bar. You know why? I love food.

No this is not about food. I have a point I promise. Apples and Oranges are always compared to each other. One is orange and the other is red. One is smaller and the other is big. But, have you ever stopped to think about the similarities between the two? They both grow on trees, both nutritious, and both have skin.

Humans are the same. You can't just say, "It's just like apples and oranges" because, in reality, it isn't. Yes, we all have our differences like the delicious fruit, but we all have skin. Underneath that skins are muscles and bones. Under those are blood and tissue. Under those are organs like the heart. We all have a heart, whether we want to admit it or not (I'm looking at you, Kevin).

Being gay or any part of the LGBTQ+ community shouldn't be something we are ashamed. As a nation and as a smart generation, we have to put all these harsh stereotypes behind us. People are just falling in love with other people and there is nothing you can do that will change that.

I am straight. 100%, but that doesn't mean that I have the right to judge others for not being straight. Answer this, are you judged for being straight? No? Then you can't judge others for being gay.

I love apples and oranges. Do you?