Suicide | Teen Ink

Suicide

February 1, 2017
By SanThoShi SILVER, ERODE, Alaska
SanThoShi SILVER, ERODE, Alaska
6 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Time passes even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of second hand aches like a pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.


There is that one moment in everybody's life that changes everything. I mean everything. That moment is a probability. That moment is also a swing. It either makes a life colourful, vivid and joyous (or) it shatters a life and makes it gloomy, dull and sad.

I've survived to see many such situations in many others lives. The joyous ones give me satisfaction and provide me the hope to survive. Whereas, the gloomy ones tend to break my heart and weaken the hope. Yet, it teaches me one more tip for survival, it tells me that, "no matter what - please don't break down. Don't let go your hope, because I am just one tough bit of situation and I will only last seconds. Never mind me, okay? Just go on. Have patience and there is a whole new life after I pass out. You only have two choices -You will either have wait until I die or die yourself. My legal advice, don't do the latter. If you have patience, then you could rule TIME yourself!"

I am writing this in honour of people who have lost hope and courage themselves. I would like to say to this society that, if you happen to be in such a situation, gather up your hope, break your barriers and live through.


The author's comments:

I write this as a ode, to my late Aunty, Mrs. Savitha, who recently commuted suicide, which remains a mystery.