Experiencing Failure | Teen Ink

Experiencing Failure

April 4, 2016
By emenzel GOLD, Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
emenzel GOLD, Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
12 articles 3 photos 2 comments

Should people fail to overcome obstacles they face?  Millions of people have overcome their obstacles in order to become a successful failure.  Even famous celebrities have overcome obstacles like Ludwig Van Beethoven, Charles Shultz, Walt Disney and many more.  Some people say that it is not important to experience failure, while others believe it is important to experience failure. It has become a national debate on whether or not it is important to experience failure. I believe that it is important to experience failure in order to be successful in life.
People can learn from their mistakes.  Today, smart phones are popular worldwide.  Without Steve Jobs, however, and his failure, we would not have such great pieces of technology from Apple.  Steve jobs had so many ideas in his head that he thought would work.  Due to all of the ideas Steve Jobs had that he failed at had, one of his ideas ended up coming to life.  One day Steve jobs created the iPod, which in turn made him create iPads, and iPhones. These are his most popular piece of technology known to man today.  This shows how even though Steve Jobs failed at creating some of his ideas, he still was successful in the end because he never gave up. In addition, there are people like Thomas Edison who also experienced failure.  He had a similar problem like Steve Jobs.  It is known that he tried 1,000 times before he finally created the light bulb.  He didn’t fail, he just kept trying to make the lightbulb even better than it was.  It’s probably true that most scientists and inventors experience failure because of their mistakes. In the end, they became successful and learned from these mistakes and obstacles that stood in their way.


On the other hand, some people believe that it is not important to experience failure because it would result in getting a bad grade.  When you experience failure it probably means you are weak in that subject and need more help.  Because you just failed your test you may be angry that you experienced failure because your classmates and friends will laugh and make fun of you.  You'll be shocked to learn that you're not the only one that has experienced failure. Your friends and classmates have also experienced failure too.   Ways to improve the reason why you experienced failure in this example is to ask your teacher for more help and to do the best you can to improve your grade.  In addition, when Miranda from the essay “Are You a Loser?” failed at Tae Kwon Do, she didn’t want to come back and do Tae Kwon Do ever again. But that changed for Miranda.  She asked her teacher for help and had confidence in herself that she could do it.  She continued to work hard and ended up becoming a successful Irish step dancer.  Even though some people think it isn't important to experience failure, as you can see it is important to experience failure. 


Experiencing failure is a good thing in life.  When you experience failure you can go to your teacher, parents or other people and ask for help.  They are there for you when you need help.   It is important to experience failure.  Failure can help you become success in the future like many celebrities today who experienced failure.