Breath (reload), Exhale (fire) | Teen Ink

Breath (reload), Exhale (fire)

By blade74 SILVER, Hemet, California
blade74 SILVER, Hemet, California

You don't truly know yourself until the very end sence at this point you can't go on and change who you were, this is what death is about, not something to fear but a final lesson

Breath, exhale. Breath, exhale. Breath, exhale. Seems simple enough, but what if every breath you inhaled was the last breath of another child and every exhale was that child’s death. A child that died of preventable causes, a child that died of neglect and there you are, just doing nothing. Does this make you a murder? Of course not because if you hadn’t been reading this today you probably wouldn’t have even thought of every child that dies every year, every day, every minute. So go on breath  reload the gun, exhale and pull the trigger, a trigger that will fire a bullet, not a physical one, but one made of hunger, since 3.1 million children die each year of hunger. This angers me since every day I see people stuffing themselves and others being overweight, while others don’t even know what it’s like to even be full or even not be starving for once, and what do these people do to help the starving children? They hope. They hope for all these children to somehow get help instead of doing something, but not all of them, some people try to help, but it’s simply not enough, and then what? These children don’t ever receive the hope, I doubt they even hope for help themselves. Instead they already know their fate, and that is to die by hunger. So instead they line up and get ready to be killed by the invisible gun that is society, by a bullet named hunger. Yet some may criticize me “ oh we do everything they can we can to help”, and maybe they do. Maybe i’m blind to what they do, but the way I see it, we simply don’t try enough. Why do I see this? Maybe it's because I see the wealthy humans living it up, or celebrities spending loads of money on meaningless things, like cars, but not just one car, 10 or 20, or private jets, all this money that could help, and instead they think only for themselves. They want to be a higher class than the rest of society, so they create their own personal borders just like some countries do, just like segregation created borders, and some people still have these borders in mind so they see some people as scum or trash. Then there are some that use words as mere playthings, calling people black or n*****s instead of seeing them as equals, and some people even make jokes about this “how do you get a black guy down from a tree?” “cut the rope” and they laugh, not knowing that this was something to be feared, but they don’t know what it's like to be seeing the lifeless body of your dad or a family member hanging from a tree. Go on picture it, anyone you most care about hanging from a tree, while others dance around it and beat the lifeless body with sticks like a piñata, and then have someone ask “how do you get your dad down from a tree” and then laugh, but after a while you forget about all this, and again you go back to breathing and exhaling without even thinking about it. Breathing, exhaling