My Opinion | Teen Ink

My Opinion

By tuneyagirl SILVER, Newark, Delaware
tuneyagirl SILVER, Newark, Delaware

Edleysha Davis
English 11
12/15/15
Period 7
MY OPINION

“All women should know how to take care of children; most of them will have a husband someday.” The literature reflects the issue that women have no rights. “Women have a much better time than men in this world, there are far more things forbidden to them.” One study found that girls did two more hours of chores a week, while boys got twice as much time to play. Guys get rewarded when they do things. Some people believe that women are just wives, “women put in more time scrubbing the toilets or doing laundry.”(McGregor).  They also spend more time in paid employment but come home to a second shift.  In women rights, they should stay home and look after their husbands.
They couldn’t or stand up for themselves. Ruth was sexually abused by her father her father did things too me when I was a young girl that I couldn’t tell anyone about. Women don’t have the ability that men do, Ruth couldn’t marry who she wanted to’ her family mourned her when she married her husband because he was African American. She was dead too her family for fifty years.
Women don’t fight, just like Lady Macbeth wanted to kill King Duncan, “Had he not resembled my father as he slept, I had done’t” (2.2.12-12). She couldn’t because, “Women Cannot Command” such as when, Lady Macbeth criticizes Macbeths weakened resolve and compares him to a cat” (1.5.39-45) because Macbeth doesn’t listen to what she wants him to do. Lady Macbeth didn’t have the power to kill Banquo. I find it crazy how women cannot rule when Macbeth was killing King Duncan he needed help. “When Duncan is asleep his two chamberlains… (1.7.61-72) Macbeth needs help killing him.”
Culture on leadership, ladies is seen as classy. Lady Macbeth is a powerful strong woman, “look like th’ innocent flower but be the serpent under it” (1.5.56-57). God gave you your husband as a leader in your home, so Pamela Rose says. “He is not only the leader he is the one who makes decisions.” But the women’s part in the decision was to help him be a leader. In “The Prince” it’s all about who can rule , and who cannot rule. Any of the rulers are men. It is better for the King to be hated.  In the story it says nothing about women or them ruling.
Ruth was judge based on her race, because she was a Caucasian woman with African American children. This reflects on culture of the U.S. Ruth was always in danger because of her race, “two black men came up behind us and one of them grabbed mommy’s purse.”(McBride)... Whites didn’t appreciate her, for being the mother of African Americans. They rode the subways sometimes and got laughed at, people pointed at the family saying things like “Look at her with them little n*****s.”(McBride).
She was called a n***** lover; they wouldn’t let her live because she wasn’t like them. A man of Ruth’s own race shoved her angrily as she led a group of blacks on an escalator. It’s sad because that family was stared at or judged everywhere they went. “I thought it would be easier if we were just one color. Black or white I didn’t want to be white.” Ruth says.
Tateh hated black people. He’d call the little children bad names in Yiddish and make fun of their parents. Where Ruth and her family lived, the store owner was a grief white man who like mainly whites as her black children moved in. He didn’t even like Ruth because she had black children.
I believe all women should have the same rights that men have, because they go through the most. With children and more’ men get it the easies. Just like guys can rule and be kings, women should be able to have the same rights just that easy. They should be allowed to marry who they want without being hated for it.  If we all were treated equally, with the same respect. Everything would be much better.