American Women | Teen Ink

American Women

By ArtistKNP GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
ArtistKNP GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

When I wake up in the morning, it’s delightful to know I am not shunned for being a woman.  I can have my own beliefs and judgements without being punished.  In other countries, women have a set of rules in which they must follow. For example in Saudi Arabia, women are forced to believe in a certain religion,  must wear conservative clothing, and even who to love.  Women often times are looked down upon; but in America, we have freedom.
Being a woman in America is a privilege. We have so much freedom with regards to what we do and how we express ourselves. Some women who have showed this are Susan B Anthony, Marilyn Monroe, Beyonce.

Susan B. Anthony stood up for her rights as a woman, and fought to give women an opportunity to vote. She gave women a chance to voice their opinion in politics.  Anthony gave me the opportunity to vote.

Marilyn Monroe showed that whatever size you are, you are beautiful and can be seen as a role model. She also gave women opportunities to pursue careers in acting and modeling--and she encouraged women to reach their full potential.  Monroe encourages me to embrace my body and to have self-confidence.  

Lastly, Beyonce showed that women economically, politically and socially are equal to men.  Women have had risen up in America and they now can “wear the pants” in the relationship, while still wearing heels.

I think it’s amazing that I can walk out of my house and decide what my religion is, who I will love, what I want to wear, and more. I have these opportunities because of the woman who came before me.  They have changed the course of history.

American women have changed the course of history and views, showing that men and women are equal,  and that woman are as capable as men--with both the same skills and abilities.  American women have provided me with the opportunity and courage to pursue a career as an artist, and not to be ashamed of my passion.