Bullies Don't Matter | Teen Ink

Bullies Don't Matter

By AmbriaSiska BRONZE, San Diego, California
AmbriaSiska BRONZE, San Diego, California

A Letter to Victims of Bullying

You are better than them. Whatever they say about you, if it's not true, why worry about it? There are things that are more important. One day, you'll be better than them. You'll earn more money than them. You'll have a better life. I know it seems really hard right now. I know you want to just give up. Not come to school and face all of it. I've been in that situation. But I never missed a day of school because I knew that I would have a better education and be able to get a better job. A good job and a nice home is worth being called a "nerd-s***" for 3 weeks (only stopped because the year ended). You have to have confidence in yourself or you'll never get anywhere in life. These people that are bullying you don't know what happened in your life that made you who you are. They assume they do and they're making an ass out themselves because of it.

Some people bully others because they have gone through some hardships in their family, or have an abusive family and they don't know how to treat people, because all they've heard is yelling and screaming and mean things. It doesn't mean it's your fault. There's nothing wrong with you. You're an amazing person just because you're you. If you know in your mind that they're wrong about what they say about you, then you should be proud of who you are. Hold you're head high and tell them they're wrong about you, and if they had the chance to get to know you, they'd realize how far off they are. Not like they ever will.

I know it seems hard to keep going on, but it's worth it. If they say something about you, and you hear it, laugh because you know how wrong they are. Especially if you've never talked to them before in your life. People I've never even seen before in my life would come up to me and call me names.At first I was so hurt, but now I am able to laugh at them because I know how wrong they are. Whenever someone comes up to me and acts like they know stuff about me when I've never talked to them I say, "Are you sure you're talking about me?" or "Why don't you get to know me before you say stuff about me?" That stops them in their tracks.

Bullies feed on suffering to be happy with themselves. You can put a stop on that by laughing and saying, "Yeah, cool." or "How do you know that if you never talk to me?" That'll make them give messing with you a second thought. But don't EVER say "Whatever." That will make them want to punch your face in.

It took a lot to get me to this point. But it will happen. You just can't give up. You're stronger than you think. Remember, they don't know what they're talking about half of the time. They think they have to be mean to gain respect. You don't. Be known for your kindness and self-confidence. You'll go so much farther in life.

Sincerely,

One of you

Wow. Nice work Ambri. It's Dan. Remember, be a troll. Or that's what I do to bullies.