coming out to your family | Teen Ink

coming out to your family

July 3, 2012
By i5abella GOLD, Winnipeg, Other
i5abella GOLD, Winnipeg, Other
11 articles 2 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
being strong is about picking yourself up and dusting your self off so that you can help a friend when they fall.


coming out to your family is exstremly hard thing to do; it hurts so much and you feel so very insucure about it. there are a million things going throu your head; and you try to leave suddle hits it gets to a point where you just want to yell “im gay deal with IT! I AM!”

there are things provoking you everywhere you go no matter what you do; you wach tv or see a movie; you hear things on the radio and see people on the streat its like its the only thing you see is gay pride because your brain is picking out things and making you say it making you tell them.

coming out was that hardest thing I ever did. it took me three years until I got into a conversation with a girl I was dating at the time. my mum overheard and started asking questions; and the only way to deal with it was to tell her. she almost crashed her car; she told me she was dissapointed in me; told me that I wasn't alowed to tell my own grandmother because it would break her heart and she would probably have a heart atack and die. I couldent do that to her so she still doesn't know and probably never will.

but that hurt so much; and it hurts to know I cant tell my grandmother because what if she dose have a heart atach and die? then it would be conpletly my fault! and I wouldent be able to live with myself if she died because I told her.

i’m not asamed of who I am; Im not scared or upset because of who I am and who I date. but to know your family is dissapointed to know that they were hurt because of something I can't control that was hard.

I know it could have been worse; and I’m not saying this to scare people; I just think they should know; its one of the hardest things to deal with.

there is no right time to tell someone your gay; there is not a way to lesson the blow; you just have to be brave enough to take a deep breath and just say it; just tell them. no matter the consequences it's your life; and it wasent a chose; so you just have to be strong take a deep breath and say it just tell them.

“mum; dad; I’m Gay”

because they cant change that they should love you just the same no matter what because there was no way around it; it was just how you were born; it's not anyone's fault