Do you mind? | Teen Ink

Do you mind?

Would someone mind explaining to me, why you act this way? Why you criticize my music because it isn't fast enough and the lyrics actually have meaning? Why you criticize the girl on your left because "she talks about boys too much and has too many problems," but listen to the girl on your right as she rants about the senior that's asked her out three times this week and just can't seem to take the hint? Why you look up the girl on Facebook who everyone says needs to put on a shirt that's the right size just so you can obnoxiously agree with them? 

I'm sorry that I roll my eyes while you talk about how big your own butt is. I'm sorry I deliberately put both headphones in while you spread the gossip of the cheerleader who cheated on her boyfriend at that party last saturday. I'm sorry I don't agree with your feelings that being who you want to be is wrong if it means that you aren't wearing the newest style.

You are literally whispering behind your hand about the girl that is standing here, waiting for you to tell her what she's picking up for you at the soda place down the street. 

I understand that we both have different oponions, but I honestly don't want to listen to you go on and on about how people's sexuality is wrong. Don't you remember when I told my best friend is gay?

And would you mind shutting up about how Harry Potter is against Christianity while I once again state that this is my favorite series of all time?

Don't you have any character? Dignity? A personality?

Or are you all so shallow, so pointless and egotistical, so shaped by society that you aren't even worth it anymore?

This is just my thought on a few people I know who I do consider friends but are so ruled by society that they can be greatly annoying and shallow at times.