Gay Pride, Oh yeah! | Teen Ink

Gay Pride, Oh yeah!

October 26, 2011
By Jesssxo19 BRONZE, Lexington, Nebraska
Jesssxo19 BRONZE, Lexington, Nebraska
3 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love is something you can't describe like the look of a rose, the smell of the rain, or the feeling of forever.


I’m a little late on this topic, I know but I thought I’d write a little something about it! Gays, lesbians, transvestites, Bisexual, etc get criticized everyday for simply being who they are. Why? Why can’t someone be who he or she wants to be? Is it wrong?
I don’t think its wrong at all. Be who you want to be! Don’t listen to the snide comments other people say! I know while some people make mean remarks; others get physical. If you’re one of those people, listen up! No one should be bullied for being themselves. That’s like beating up a singer for singing or a photographer for taking pictures. It’s not right! Would you like to get beaten up for being who YOU are? No. I understand that this isn’t a perfect world, but not getting hurt for being you would really help. I personally know people at my school who are gay or bisexual and no one yells at them for it. It’s because we all understand how it feels to be left out or not in the “in crowd” just because of whom we like. We’ve all learned to deal with the fact that specific people are going to like who they want to like, and that’s that! It’s really not that big of a deal and it ERKS me when people say, “being gay’s a sin” and “its not what Jesus wants” and the whole “its not in the bible” type of comments. Maybe its not in the bible, neither is doing drugs but people sure like to do that a lot.
I’m just saying, don’t criticize someone for like the same sex or for going for both teams. Its not fair to them and it disgusts me when people go as far as beating someone up. I mean, what’s the point? If you beat them up, they’re still going to like the same sex. There’s no point in it. That’s just mean and pathetic that people would go that far.
Enough of my rambling. The point of that whole jumble up there is to be who you are, don’t let others intimidate you for being unique! Love it or leave it alone people. Deal with it!! Thank you!(: