Are you?

Don’t be afraid.
Stand and tell.

See that girl? The one over there. You may not know it, but she is going to die from overdosing on diet pills and not eating. Because somebody called her fat. But she already underweight. And nobody seems to see that she is 16 years old and weighs 88 pounds.

Well, you know that guy, in your homeroom class? Well he is on suicide watch, because he is harassed because of sexuality. He is going to hang himself tonight. And nobody cares. Teachers and students harass him. Nobody does anything to stop it. It is so sad because he is only 17 years old.

Most can’t tell if you are around somebody who is getting abused. But you know the lady who owns that little bakery down the block? Well he husband beats her up. One day, she tried to stand up for herself, and he pushed her down the stares and she landed on her stomach, and she was pregnant.

See that homeless man? The one that is in a wheelchair, his wife is pregnant, and he has four children. And three of those four children are going to die if they don’t get medical help. People throw them to the curb because they are poor. They got kicked out of the homeless shelter because another homeless family of all women with babies came in and their wasn’t enough room. Well he isn’t going to be able to help his children survive because his identity was stolen. Most don’t care.

Most people are happy when these people die, but what they don’t know is that it is their fault that they died. But there are a few that have realized what they did. But some don’t even know they are doing it.
Are you one of those people?
Are you?

fiftiesgal467 said...
Oct. 29, 2011 at 11:57 am:
Powerful piece. Disheartening to read.

Adrianna A. replied...
Oct. 30, 2011 at 6:35 pm :
 thanks i thought it would be a good topic to write about, because It actually focuses on my friend who had overdosed on diet pills because her boyfriend broke up with her because he said she was fat, but she was actually under weight. Thanks.

fiftiesgal467 replied...
Oct. 31, 2011 at 4:22 pm :
That's awful! I hope everything ended up okay!