Can we help it? | Teen Ink

Can we help it?

March 23, 2011
By Anonymous

Have you ever seen a gay or lesbian couple on the street and automatically you judge them? Have you ever seen a girl dressed in guy clothes and wondered if she was a lesbian? Have you ever looked at a girl or guy in the back of the room and wonder if they're gay? or lesbian? Well guess what. I'm the girl in the back of the room, and yes I'm a lesbian. I know what it feels like to be discriminated against. i know it hurts and you feel like there is no where to go. but let me tell you. as long as you have confidence in yourself and you believe. people will still appreciate who you are. Like when i told my mom i was scared to death. I thought she was going to disown me. I thought she was going to look at me with the most disgusted look in her eyes. but she didn't she still loved me. She still treated me the same. As did all my friends i still wasn't alone. but for you people that are. Just know there are people out there who believe and feel the same as you. Just know you are not alone.


The author's comments:
What inspired me was when i look around and see people talking about gay people. What differents should it make if we aren't straight? we are still the same people we were 4 years ago!