Religion in the Media | Teen Ink

Religion in the Media

By Nadiachowmein BRONZE, Southsea, Other
Nadiachowmein BRONZE, Southsea, Other

We all have Hitler in us but we also have love and peace, so why not give peace a chance for once?

Islam is a religion that has never taught Muslims to kill innocent people nor destroy the civilization. Islamic teachings as laws never teach you to be terrorists and war criminals. We as Muslims don't know how to make you all believe that we are not killers or terrorists. Ask yourselves who made world terrorism and who the war criminals are. When we try to protect ourselves and defend ourselves against racial Western attacks, you call us terrorists. You think about us Muslims and Islam wrongly... why? Try to be close to us, try to understand who we are. You can't always accept everything the media give you. You have to think openly and take a look on the other side of every story. Use your mind, your knowledge, your heart. We all have biased opinions that make us think a certain way about certain things but we also have strength to ignore anything that influences us to hate. Is that not the cause of all wars; small and big? Whether it’s against Muslims, Christians, Jews or any other race or religion... try to understand the other side; you’ll discover that these beliefs also bring out love. Unfortunately media is prescribed in such a way today, that it can usually expose religion in a bad way even if that wasn’t intended. We’ve had Muslims burning poppies, Christian Catholics proved as paedophiles and much more, but surely that can’t represent a whole community of people, can it? Why does our faith, colour, or country have to accept punishment for something one person has done? “The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.” That is a passage from the bible... a whole group cannot be punished for one person, just like in school, work and other places where wrong is committed. No one wants to be accused of something they didn’t do so why blame everyone? If I was to write anymore I could write forever, but I won’t. I want you to read this and think about how many times you’ve prejudiced against someone because of something you’ve heard on the news, because of the way someone looks, or because of what they wear. And ask yourself... why? Are we not all human?

I've had past experience where people are racist towards me for no reason. It hurts me so it obviously hurts other people.. I just want people to realise that we're all the same.