10,000 | Teen Ink

10,000

By Carabear BRONZE, Lake Mexia, Texas
Carabear BRONZE, Lake Mexia, Texas

"Death? Why this fuss about death? Use your imagination, try to visualize a world without death!...Death is the essential condition of life, not an evil."-Charlotte Perkins Gilman

Hate, hate, hate.
That’s all I hear. Sadly, for every person sending all their strength to Japan, there is another person that says Japan had it coming.
Why?
10,000. That is now the estimated death toll.
Why should their race matter?
Why should their nationality matter?
Why should their nation’s history matter? What does that even have to do with anything?!
There are 10,000 people dead.
They were mothers, fathers.
Daughters, sons.
Husbands, wives.
Boyfriends, girlfriends.
Grandparents, aunts, uncles.
The list goes on.
To someone, they meant something. Now they are gone forever. They might not even get to give them a proper funeral. And on top of that grief, that loss, they need to figure out how to get through the next day.
They need to find food.
A new home.
A new job.
And they need to search that list, searching for that one last person that could still be out there.
Why should any of that stupid other stuff matter?
We are ALL human. Every last one of us. Why should it matter?
All of us hurt.
We cannot blame a person for their ancestor’s mistakes, it’s just not right!
Stop the hate, and realize we are ALL human.

I wrote this article because I was reading yahoo articles about Japan's disasters, and then I read the comments. They literally made me cry. They made me so sad, then before I knew it, I was angry. This was the best way I knew of to channel those emotions.

ReaperValentine SILVER, Mexia, Texas

Sorry I wasn't at church Sunday... I was practicing... witchcraft.

Aww Carabear!!! That's so sad!!! I never actually thought about the disaster because it made me so sad. I didn't realize that there were that many dead!

No one deserves anything like that... no matter what they have done at any given time in their past.

*hugs carabear*

wordlvr94 PLATINUM, El Dorado Hills, California

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players" - William Shakespeare

I liked what you said a lot. No one ever deserves a disaster like the one Japan suffered. Bravo